HVAC Installation & Quality Control Supervisor
A Dept Supervisor will work directly for and answer to the Operations Manager
He/she must have fundamentally good leadership & people skills and able to work with the installation crews, office staff and Operations Manager with a positive attitude. Also possess good problem solving skills and maintain a focus on organization and customer service to provide a positive customer experience. Must be experienced in fundamental HVAC installation & service practices.
Must be or become knowledgeable primarily with Trane and Mitsubishi product lines and familiar with others product lines such as Rheem. Help to maintain a productive and efficient work force within the HVAC Installation dept. Work to insure that the installation crews are maximizing and using their time effectively while following company and industry standards for HVAC installations. Also adhere to company guidelines and expectations for safety during the course of performing their work.
Join Our Team
GEORGE SHERMAN CORPORATION Service department positions are available immediately. New competitive pay structure commensurate with experience. Full-time and competitive benefits. Paid days off, Paid Holidays, 401(k)/Profit sharing, Life insurance, and more.
- Supervise and schedule all HVAC crews
- Determine which crew is best suited for each project sold.
- Determine, organize & schedule the daily assignments for each HVAC installation crew
- Visit job sites and work with mechanics on all aspects of their performance.
- Assist on the job site to resolve any design or installation problems
- Coordinate the staging and delivery of equipment and materials needed for installations
- Apply for and acquire any necessary permits from the administrative authority before beginning any projects.
- Make sure that change orders are authorized, in writing and signed prior to performing any work outside the original contract outline.
- Assist with equipment start-ups and troubleshooting when necessary
- Be proactive to identify installation problems such as building code setback requirements, condensate drainage and freeze protection and insure proper quality control on the entire project.
- Coordinate subcontractors such as electricians, and lift/crane providers on projects when necessary
- Work with other Dept Managers and Supervisors on joint projects and projects sold by depts other than the HVAC installation dept when necessary.
- Follow up on customer service issues and complaints
- Check in and confirm equipment against the job folders
- Resolve discrepancies in equipment and material deliveries with vendors and track same
- Discuss & resolve any installation & logistical concerns with crews and sales staff
- Help to maintain an organized warehouse
- Maintain and keep current the scheduling gmail calendar for sold jobs
- Coordinate and communicate project start dates and times with customers.
- Always be available as a resource for service on-call managers and provide field participation when needed.
- Oversee dept vehicle fleet and help to resolve maintenance & repair issues.
- Manage hand tolls and power tools required for the installation crews.
- Work with management to provide & oversee ongoing dept training opportunities
- Schedule and help facilitate monthly dept safety and toolbox meetings
- Play a leading role in hiring, firing and disciplining field crews and people when necessary.
- Perform 90 day and periodic reviews and evaluations
- Help manage & communicate apprenticeship enrollment to Dept Manager
- Daily hours- generally 07:00am – 05:00pm but will need to additionally available as needed
- Maintain an appropriate professional dress code including company uniforms to set a good
image to customers, associates, and other company employees.
- Be assigned a company vehicle to be used for work related activities as approved by management.
- Be provided a company smartphone to be used for work related activities.
- Drug and background check will be required prior to employment